Yes, it is two days late.
– The President has called for stronger financial regulations worldwide.
– Max Baucus is quickly losing support for his health care plan.
– The UN announced that millions might die in poorer countries if wealthier nations do not give financial assistance.
– The Senate voted to restrict federal funds for ACORN, which might lead to greater loss of support.
– It is time to reauthorize (or not) portions of the USA PATRIOT Act. (I was always impressed with the amount of effort that went into making the acronym).
(The image is from Robert Frank’s The Americans book of photography. I saw the art exhibition of the work at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and it is an incredible collection. It is going to be at the Metropolitan Museum of Art until early January. I recommend you go see it if you’ll be in the area.)