- James Hamilton and Paul Krugman are having a discussion about the deficit. As an avid reader of Krugman’s NYT blog and Econbrowser, it is really interesting to see the exchange.
- I know we all have it rough, but the recession is especially hard on food banks this year. It is post-Thanksgiving now, but maybe for Christmas, you can give a bit more to charity*.
- There is a massacre occurring in the Philippines right now and the government fears further clan retaliation.
- Michael O’Hare has a really good post over at The Reality-Based Community about paying for higher education.
- Mark Kleiman agreed with Gov Rick Perry regarding a specific application of the death penalty. I found Kleiman’s (and Perry’s) logic pretty flawed. And while I don’t lose sleep over every injustice, blowing one off because it isn’t enough of an injustice is pretty terrible, especially when the injustice cost another human begin their life.
*You can give to anyone, but I’m just recommending Feeding America