“As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.”
– George Orwell on Britain During WWII
- I hope you have been voting in the Mad Love tournament. See the tournament bracket here.
- The new Madison library is not going to be built.
- Glenn Greenwald discusses the French shock study and “Enemy Belligerent Interrogation, Detention and Prosecution Act,” which is pretty scary: “A close reading of the bill suggests it would allow the U.S. military to detain U.S. citizens without trial indefinitely in the U.S. based on suspected activity” (from here).
- Sarah Palin went to Florida and attacked Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL). He responded.