La Follette professor Timothy Smeeding was recently quoted by the BBC in a piece they ran on the growing income gap in the U.S. between white households and black and hispanic households. The article uses the 2010 U.S. Census as its data source and points to a growth in the income gap between 2005 and 2009 primarily due to the recession and the drop in housing prices.
No upcoming events
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- November 19 - Trek for Vets | 5K Run/Walk November 19, 2017
- November 19 - Help care for the UW Lakeshore Nature Preserve November 19, 2017
- November 19 - Trek for Vets | Hosted by ANA November 19, 2017
- November 19 - The Memory Project: Faces of Joy November 19, 2017
- November 19 - "Hyphenated" Exhibition by WUD Art November 19, 2017