La Follette professor Timothy Smeeding was recently quoted by the BBC in a piece they ran on the growing income gap in the U.S. between white households and black and hispanic households. The article uses the 2010 U.S. Census as its data source and points to a growth in the income gap between 2005 and 2009 primarily due to the recession and the drop in housing prices.
No upcoming events
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- June 24 - 2017 Annual Meeting of the American Society for Virology | Madison ASV meeting (2017) June 24, 2017
- June 24 - Ecological Restoration Work Party | Arboretum Core Area and Curtis Prairie June 24, 2017
- June 24 - Almost, Maine | University Theatre June 25, 2017
- June 25 - Sets: Printed Variations June 25, 2017
- June 25 - Samurai: The Way of the Warrior June 25, 2017