Check out what is happening this week in LSSA and other related campus events!
- Spring Semester Class Forum for First-Year Students (Monday)
- La Follette School Seminar-Prodessor Isao Kamata (Tuesday)
- Policy and a Pint featuring Rep. Chris Taylor and Rep. Amy Loudenbeck (Tuesday)
- Climate Change: How Should the UW Respond? Part I (Tuesday)
- Breakfast and Discussion with United Nations Special Representative Zainab Bangura (Thursday)
- The U.S. Supreme Court Today- And Tomorrow: a Lecture by Lee Epstein
- Climate Change: How Should the UW Respond? Part II (Thursday)
- La Follette School T-Shirt Contest: Designs Due (Friday)
- LSSA Community Service Event: Habitat for Humanity (Saturday)
- Spring Semester Class Forum for First-Year Students
Monday, November 4th, 12:15pm, 180 Science Hall (Econ Lecture Hall)
Stay in your seat after Econ on Monday for a chance to hear continuing students speak and answer your questions about classes that will be offered this spring. Free Pizza will be provided!
2. La Follette School Seminar- Professor Isao Kamata
Tuesday, November 5th, 12:00pm-1:00pm, La Follette House Conference Room
Professor Isao Kamata will discuss his recent research Regional Trade Agreements with Labor Clauses and their effects on trade and labor standards.
3. Policy and a Pint featuring Rep. Chris Taylor and Rep. Amy Loudenbeck
Tuesday, November 5th, 5:30pm-7:30pm, Brocach, 7 West Main St.
Do not miss this chance to meet and network with Rep. Chris Taylor (D) and Rep. Amy Loudenbeck (R) and other members of the La Follette Community. Snacks will be provided but attendees are required to purchase their own beverages.
4. Climate Change: How Should the UW Respond? Part I
Tuesday, November 5th, 7:00pm-8:30pm, Union South (TITU)
This is part I of a panel discussion presented by the UW Ad Hoc Committee on Fossil Fuel Use and Climate Change Topics and will address the UW’s response to issues regarding climate change.
5. Breakfast and Discussion with United Nations Special Representative Zainab Bangura
Thursday, November 7th, 9:00am-10:30am, Gordon Dining and Event Center
Attend this event to meet and ask questions to UN Special Representative on Sexual Violence in Conflict, Zainab Bangura. A free continental breakfast will be available. For more information on Bangura visit http://international.wisc.edu/blog/index.php/2013/10/14/un-bangura-visit/
6. The US Supreme Court Today- And Tomorrow: A Lecture by Lee Epstein
Thursday, November 7th, 4:00pm, Lubar Commons, Room 7200
Attend this lecture by legal scholar and USC Professor, Lee Epstein, to hear her speak about judicial behavior, constitutional courts abroad, and constitutional law.
7. Climate Change: How Should the UW Respond? Part II
Thursday, November 7th, 4:00pm-5:30pm, Memorial Union (TITU)
This is part II of the panel discussion presented by the UW Ad Hoc Committee on Fossil Fuel Use and Climate Change Topics and will address the UW’s response to issues regarding climate change.
8. La Follette School T-Shirt Design Contest. Designs Due Friday, November 8th
Do not miss your chance to design the La Follette School T-Shirt and win a free T-Shirt for yourself. Please keep your design to one or two colors and can print on the front, back, or both. Send your designs to Amanda Wilmarth at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday!
9. LSSA November Community Service Event-Habitat for Humanity
Saturday, November 9th, 7:30am-4:00pm, Meet at the La Follette House
Join LSSA members in working on a Habitat for Humanity house in Sun Prairie for a family in need. No experience required, just be sure to dress appropriately. Lunch will be provided!
If you would like to attend or have any questions, contact Lacee Koplin at email@example.com