Check out what is happening this week in LSSA and other related campus events!
1. URPL Lecture Series-John Haynal West (Monday)
2. La Follette School Seminar-John Witte (Tuesday)
3. Seminar-Financial Aid for Graduate Students (Tuesday)
4. Policy and a Pint featuring Tim Casper (Tuesday)
5. Institute for Research on Poverty Seminar- J. Michael Collins (Thursday)
6. Government Career Fair in Chicago (Friday)
1. URPL Lecture Series-John Haynal West
Monday, October 28th, 4:00pm-5:30pm, 208 Old Music Hall
John Haynal West from Columbia University will be presenting his lecture “Making Roadways into Markets: A Case of Data-Driven Governance”. West considers the markets planners create when they consider policy in the areas of carbon, parking, and roadway congestion and the interior role of politics in these decisions.
2. La Follette School Seminar-Professor John Witte
Tuesday, October 29th, 12:00pm-1:00pm, La Follette House Conference Room
Professor Witte will discuss building a University in Kazakhstan: American vs. European Models
3. Seminar-Financial Aid for Graduate Students
Tuesday, October 28th, 3:00pm-4:00pm, Union South (TITU)
Learn about education loans available to graduate students as well as what to expect in terms of repayment and deferment options. Please register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ohp9EfVbAeuXY570t9kGquw3twzKzd8ym_6WvH8jP8c/viewform
4. Policy and a Pint with Tim Casper
Tuesday, October 29th, 5:30pm-7:30pm, Brocach at 1843 Monroe Street
Meet and network with 1999 La Follette alum Tim Casper, assistant vice-president for budget and public affairs at Madison College. La Follette will provide snacks, but attendees will be responsible for purchasing their own beverages.
5. Institute for Research on Poverty Seminar- J. Michael Collins
Thursday, October 31st, 12:15pm-1:30pm, 8417 Sewell Social Sciences Building
J. Michael Collins, Associate Professor, Department of Consumer Science and Director of the Center for Financial Security will present this talk as part of the IRP’s General Poverty Research Seminar Series. The topic will be “Credit Matters: Early Results of a Field Experiment of Credit Counseling for Low-Income Families in NYC Parks Opportunity Job Training Program”.
6. Government Career Fair in Chicago
Friday, November 1st, 1:00pm-3:00pm, The Atrium 2nd Floor, 122 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois
This professional networking event presented by the Government College Relations Council will host U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency, Central Intelligence Agency, U.S. Department of Energy, Army National Guard, U.S. Navy, and more. For more information visit http://www.thegcrc.org