Check out what is happening this week in LSSA and other campus related events!
- Talk with Suzanne Katenstein about US Financial and Banking Regulation (Monday)
- President Obama’s Chief Economic Adviser Jason Furman Lecture (Monday)
- European Union Ambassador Vale de Almeida Talk (Tuesday)
- Policy and a Pint with Riva Froymovich (Tuesday)
- November LSSA Meeting (Wednesday)
- IRP Seminar Featuring Judith Levine
- IRP and La Follette Joint Seminar Featuring James Zillak(Thursday)
1. Talk with Suzanne Katenstein titled “US Financial and Banking Regulations as a Source of Power in the International System”
Monday, November 18th, 12:00pm, Lubar Commons (Law School)
Suzanne Katenstein of Duke Law School will present her talk.
2. President Obama’s Chief Economic Advisor Jason Furman Lecture
Monday, November 18th, 5:30pm-6:30pm, DeLuca Forum Room in the Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery
Do not miss this chance to hear from one of the President’s Council of Economic Advisers give his talk “Fiscal Policy: Achievements, Challenges, & Opportunities”
3. European Ambassador Vale de Almeida Talk
Tuesday, November 19th, 1:30pm, Fluno Center
Attend this event to hear what is at stake in the pending trade talk known as the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership. The talk is titled “TTIP: Taking the EU-US Partnership to the Next Level”
4. Policy and a Pint with Riva Froymovich
Tuesday, November 19th, 5:30pm-7:30pm, Brocach, 7 West Main Street
Do no miss this chance to meet and network with the La Follette community and enjoy a discussion led by the La Follette School’s Writer in Residence and writer of The Economist Riva Froymovich. Snacks will be provided but attendees will purchase their own beverages.
5. November LSSA Meeting
Wednesday, November 20th, 7:30pm, 6117 Social Sciences
Join the La Follette Board to provide input and hear what is happening in LSSA!
6. IRP Seminar Featuring Judith Levine
Thursday, November 21st, 12:15pm-1:30pm, 8417 Social Sciences
Judith Levine, Associate Professor of Sociology at Temple University, will present her talk “Ain’t No Trust: Low-Income Mothers, Suspicion, and Stalled Action in the Welfare Reform Era”
7. IRP and La Follette Joint Seminar featuring James Zillak
Friday, November 22nd, 12:00pm-1:30pm, 8417 Social Sciences
James Zillak, Professor of Economics and Founding Director of the Kentucky Center on Poverty at the University of Kentucky, will present his lecture “Identifying the Elasticity of Taxable Income”.