Check out what is happening this week in LSSA and other campus-related events!
- LSSA December Clothing Drive (All This Week and Next Week)
- La Follette School Seminar with Jason Fletcher (Tuesday)
- Policy and a Pint featuring Abe Rabinowitz (Tuesday)
- La Follette Seminar with Rourke O’Brien (Thursday)
- IRP Seminar led by Peter Miller (Thursday)
- LSSA December Social Event- Cookie Contest and Movie (Friday)
- Neuroscience and Public Policy Seminar with Dr. Richard Brown (Friday)
1. LSSA December Clothing Drive
December 2nd-13th, La Follette House and Social Sciences Student Lounges
Donate your new and gently used clothes to the Community Action Coalition of South Central Wisconsin to help individuals and families in need. Clothing, accessories, unused travel-sized toiletries and books are appreciated. There will be donation box located in both the La Follette House and Social Science Student Lounges.
2. La Follette School Seminar with Jason Fletcher
Tuesday, December 3rd, 12:00pm-1:00pm, La Follette School Conference Room
Join Jason Fletcher as he presents his talk “How Can Social Networks Affect Policy Impacts.”
3. Policy and Pint Featuring Abe Rabinowitz
Tuesday, December 3rd, 5:30pm-7:30pm, Brocach, 7 W Main St
Assistant Finance Manager of the US Department of Veterans Affairs and 2000 La Follette Alum Abe Rabinowitz will lead the discussion. Do not miss the final Policy and Pint of the semester. Snacks will be provided.
4. La Follette School Seminar with Rourke O’Brien
Thursday, December 5th, 2:00pm-3:30pm, 8517 Social Sciences
Join Rourke O’Brien of Princeton University as he presents his talk “Redistribution and the New Fiscal Sociology: Race and Progressivity of State and Local Taxes.”
5. IRP Seminar led by Peter Miller
Thursday, December 5th, 12:15pm-1:30pm, 8417 Social Sciences
Peter Miller, Assistant Professor, Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis, University of Wisconsin-Madison will present his talk “Cultivating Educational Opportunity for Homeless and Highly Mobil Students: An Embedded Practice Perspective.”
6. LSSA December Social Event
Friday, December 6th, 3:00pm, 8417 Social Sciences
Join LSSA for a cookie decorating contest, screening of the movie Elf, and fun. If you have questions, contact Steph Mabrey or Andy Behm.
7. Neuroscience and Public Policy Seminar with Dr. Richard Brown
Friday, December 6th, 4:00pm, Room 1111 Genetics-Biotechnology Center Building
Dr. Richard Brown, UW-Madison, will present his talk “Behavioral Screening and Intervention (BSI): An Evidence Based, Cost-Saving, Essential Component of Healthcare Reform.” Learn about BSI and policy changes needed to make BSI a standard of care in Wisconsin and the U.S.