Check out what is happening this week in LSSA and other La Follette related events!
- La Follette Seminar Series with Menzie Chinn (Tuesday)
- C4 Lecture at WID on improving Health Care (Tuesday)
- International Careers: Find Your Path (Wednesday)
- IRP Seminar led by Mariana Chilton (Thursday)
- Holtz Center for Science & Technology Research Brown Bag Series (Thursday)
- Federal Resume Writing Workshop (Friday)
- Neuroscience and Public Policy Seminar (Friday)
- LSSA February Social Event-Roller Derby (Saturday)
1. La Follette Seminar Series with Menzie Chinn
Tuesday, February 11th, 12:00pm-1:00pm, La Follette House Conference Room
Join La Follette’s very own Menzie Chinn to hear his talk “Rise of the Redback? Prospects for China’s Currency”. Chinn will discuss his research on China’s monetary policy.
2. C4 Lecture
Tuesday, February 11th, 7:00pm, H.F. DeLuca Forum at the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery
The Center for Complexity and Collective Computation (C4) presents this lecture by Luis Amaral, Northwestern University, titled “Transforming Healthcare Through Physics”. This event is free and open to the public!
3. International Careers: Find Your Path
Wednesday, February 12th, 4:30pm-5:30pm, 120 Middleton Building
Attend this event to learn more about international work, identifying your skills, building your network, and effectively marketing your experience to potential employers in the international sector.
4. IRP Seminar led by Mariana Chilton
Thursday, February 13th, 12:15pm-1:30pm, 8417 Social Sciences
Mariana Chilton, Associate Professor of Public Health at Drexel University, will present her talk “Breaking Out of Poverty and Overcoming Violence: Insights from Participatory Research with Mothers of Young Children”.
5. Holtz Center for Science & Technology Research Brown Bag
Thursday, February 13th, 12:30pm, 8411 Social Sciences
Claire Wendland will present here talk “Reconsidering a Critical Maternal Health Indicator”. She presents her research on how public health indicators quantify the value of human life and their political implications.
6. Federal Resume Writing Workshop
Friday, February 14th, 1:00pm-2:00pm, Room 120 Middleton Building
Attend this event to learn tips and tricks for creating an effective Federal Resume. Bring your questions and your laptop!
7. Neuroscience and Public Policy
Friday, February 14th, 4:00pm, Room 1111 in the Genetics and Biotechnology Center (425 Henry Mall)
Join William Linton, Chairman and CEO of Promega Corporation, as he discusses the topic “Biology, Business, and the Brain”. He will talk about his career in science, business, and their future from his viewpoint. Refreshments will be served!
8. LSSA February Social Event-Roller Derby
Saturday, February 15th, 6:00pm, Alliant Energy Center
Join your fellow classmates as we attend an exciting Roller Derby! Purchase tickets here: http://www.madrollindolls.com/index.php/buy-tickets-bouts
Or at the Vintage on Thursday night! The cost is $12. Carpools can be arranged and the event is close to bus routes 12 and 13. Please contact Steph Mabrey or Andy Behm if you have questions.