Welcome back! Check out what is happening this week in LSSA!
- March Food and Fund Drive for Second Harvest Foodbank (All Week Long)
- La Follette Student Potluck (Tuesday)
- La Follette School Seminar with Jason Fletcher (Tuesday)
- IRP Seminar with Chris Uggen, University of Minnesota (Thursday)
1. March Food and Fund Drive for Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin
La Follette and Social Sciences Student Lounge and Online (Link Below) Ends March 31st!
Do not forget to make your contributions to LSSA’s non-perishable food and virtual fund drive for Second Harvest Foodbank! Join LSSA in our effort to end hunger and have your donations matched by the Feinstein Foundation’s $1 million challenge. Below is the link for the fund drive. Contact Tahira Chaudary with questions.
2. La Follette Student Potluck
Tuesday, March 25th, 11:30am, La Follette Conference Room
Join your fellow La Follette students for this spring potluck! Contact Andrew Behm with any questions you may have.
3. La Follette School Seminar with Jason Fletcher
Tuesday, March 25th, 12:15pm-1:30pm, 8417 Social Sciences
Jason Fletcher, Associate Professor, La Follette School of Public Affairs will present his talk “Childhood Environments and Adult Health”. He will present his research on estimating the impacts of neighborhoods and environments on adult health outcomes in efforts to inform policies targeted towards child health.
4. IRP Seminar with Chris Uggen, University of Minnesota
Thursday, March 27th, 12:15pm-1:30pm, 159 Education Building
Chris Uggen, Distinguished McKnight Professor of Sociology, University of Minnesota will present his talk “From Petty Crimes to Epic Records: Crime, Punishment, and American Inequality”.